In addition to general support, here are other ways to support our work:
Caretaker Scholarship Funds
Each Caretaker entering BLI is expected to contribute a small financial portion of the overall cost. We feel that this fosters a sense of independence and dignity in their commitment to the program. For those to whom this is a hardship, they may enter into a work-study program, contributing extra hours toward the commitment. No student will be denied admission to BLI due to a personal lack of funds.
When they market their goods, any proceeds they make can go toward their tuition. However, this is just a small portion of the costs to operate the institute.
Therefore, many of our supporters donate to our Scholarship Fund to make up the difference. Donors can sponsor a student per term or annually. Sponsors get trees planted in their name and receive communication and updates from their students. We also have a general assistance fund which helps unsponsored caretakers with tuition.
We invite you to support a student through the following funds:
A Caretaker Sponsorship covers tuition at BLI. It creates a one-to-one relationship between the donor and Caretaker. A sponsorship offers a unique opportunity for the student to directly communicate with the donor on a quarterly basis, updating them on their progress and happenings on the campus.
- $2500 to support a Caretaker for one year of residency at BLI
- $5000 to support a Caretaker for their full 2-year residency at BLI
Caretaker Assistance Fund
Assist an individual Caretaker’s personal contribution for entrance to BLI, based on hardship.
Assistance Fund Levels:
- $500 partial scholarship to support a Caretaker’s portion of their tuition for one year
- $1000 partial scholarship to support a Caretaker’s portion of their tuition for two years
You may donate right here, online, or you can contact us to discuss ways in which you can help fund a caretaker's education.
Campus Building Projects
We are currently raising funds for three new campus buildings:
- Welcome and Learning Center: The center will house a library, laboratories, classrooms and administrative offices.
- Fr. Rweza Memorial Hall: Dedicated to one of our founders (deceased), it will host interns & researchers focusing on BLI methodology.
- Martha's Market Stand: This will be a roadside stand along the main road for selling our products. It will eventually grow into a cafe and rest area for travelers.