Caretaker Scholarship Funds
Each Caretaker Trainee entering BLI is expected to contribute a small financial portion of the overall cost. We feel that this fosters a sense of ownership and dignity in their commitment to the program. Those trainees for whom this is a hardship may enter into a work-study program at BLI to pay this portion. Or, while at BLI, trainees can market the goods they harvest and put profits toward their tuition. No trainee will be denied admission to BLI due to a lack of funds.
These contributions, however, make up only a small portion of what is needed to run the institute for a full class of trainees. Therefore, we created a Scholarship Fund to enable BLI to continue to take in a full cohort of trainees each year. Through the scholarship fund, donors can sponsor a student per term or annually. Sponsors get trees planted in their name and receive communication and updates from their students.
We invite you to support a student through the following funds:
A Caretaker Sponsorship covers tuition at BLI. It creates a one-to-one relationship between the donor and Caretaker. A sponsorship offers a unique opportunity for the student to directly communicate with the donor on a quarterly basis, updating them on their progress and the happenings on the campus.
- $2500 to support a Caretaker for one year of residency at BLI
- $5000 to support a Caretaker for their full 2-year residency at BLI
Caretaker Assistance Fund
Assist an individual Caretaker’s personal contribution for entrance to BLI, based on hardship.
Assistance Fund Levels:
- $500 partial scholarship to support a Caretaker’s portion of their tuition for one year
- $1000 partial scholarship to support a Caretaker’s portion of their tuition for two years
You may donate right here, online, or you can contact us to discuss ways in which you can help fund a caretaker's education. We also have a general assistance fund which helps unsponsored caretakers with tuition.
Campus Building Projects
We are currently raising funds for three new campus buildings:
- Welcome and Learning Center: The center will house a library, laboratories, classrooms and administrative offices.
- Fr. Rweza Memorial Hall: Dedicated to one of our founders (deceased), it will host interns & researchers focusing on BLI methodology.
- Martha's Market Stand: This will be a roadside stand along the main road for selling our products. It will eventually grow into a cafe and rest area for travelers.